OSU Institute of Technology

Skip to navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for Admission to OSUIT?

Complete the admissions application. You can do this by completing the online application through our web4students portal or by paper application submitted to the Admission Office.

Is there an application fee to apply to OSUIT?

No, there is not a fee to apply to OSUIT.

What are the admissions requirements?

See the Admissions Requirements page.

I have applied for admissions, now what documents do I need to turn in?

  1. Submit an official 8-semester high school transcript or GED scores. For students that have not received a high school diploma or their GED please contact the Admissions Office for more information.
  2. Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended regardless of credits earned.
  3. Submit ACT or SAT scores. There is no minimum score required for admission. These scores are used for placement and scholarships. We accept either National ACT scores or OSU System residual ACT test scores. In addition, you may submit a National SAT score instead of the ACT scores. Residual test dates and requirements are listed online.
  4. Submit a copy of your immunization records. Oklahoma state law requires that all new students who attend Oklahoma colleges and universities for the first time provide proof of immunization for certain diseases. Medical, religious and personal exemptions are allowed by law and such requests must be in writing using the Certificate of Exemption form available at the Campus Health Services Office located in the Student Union or online.

Do I have to take the Compass placement test?

All students are required to participate in COMPASS assessment. This is a self-paced computerized assessment of your reading, math, and English skills. The COMPASS assessment can be taken on-campus weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Off-campus testing may be arranged by contacting the Assessment Center. Some students may be exempt from taking a portion or the entire test. Transfer students who have successfully completed coursework in that specific area or those students with ACT sub score of 19 or higher in that subject area may be exempt from that section of the compass test. Compass testing study guides are available online.

Do I have to live on Campus?

All students that live more than 50 miles from the campus and are under 21 years of age are required to live on campus for two semesters. Complete a residential life room and board contract and submit it with your housing deposit to the Residential Life Office prior to enrollment. Residential Life information and the housing contract are available online. All out-of-state tuition waivers require students to live on campus while receiving the waiver.

How do I register or enroll for classes?

Once all your admissions documents have been received in the Admissions Office your admissions process is complete. First-time students will be issued a Trial Study to take to their academic department for enrollment. Once you have completed the admissions process you are now ready to talk with your academic department about enrollment. Enrollment can be either with your advisor or online through our web4students portal. Please contact your department advisor for more information.

Is financial aid available?

OSUIT participates in various financial aid programs. All students are encouraged to apply online for financial assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Find out more details in our Student Financial Services section.

Can I apply for scholarships?

By completing the Admissions Application to OSUIT you have been considered for an institutional fee waiver. Fee waivers are based on established criteria and OSU Foundation Scholarships as well as outside scholarship opportunities. Find out more details in our Scholarship Services section.

What is the purpose of the Student Identification Card?

The Student Identification (ID) Card, which is issued during enrollment, is carried for identification and is REQUIRED when using Meal Plans or campus services offered by the college. The first ID card is issued at no charge. Replacement ID cards are $15 each.

Do I need a parking permit for my car? If so, where do I get one?

Each student and employee vehicle that is parked on campus is required to display a valid parking decal. These decals may be obtained at the Bursar’s Office. Decals are valid from September to August. The first decal is issued at no charge. Replacement decals are $15.

Are students permitted to use campus services?

All students are encouraged to use any of the specialized services offered on campus. This includes Covelle Hall, Campus Infirmary, and various services offered on campus. See Student Life for more information.